, ,

TRAVEL DIARY: LONDON JANUARY 2019

Thursday, March 07, 2019




How do you start off the first post after over a year of radio silence on the blog? Let's keep it simple: Hello guys. How are you? What have you been up to? My life has changed quite a bit since I last spoke to you. I've moved out of my parents' house in July 2018 and now live in a gorgeous little apartment in Basel. Furthermore, I started working in Zurich in May 2018. Apart from that, I'm still obsessed with Drum & Bass. That's also the reason why I went to London in January.

The plan was to go on a little solo rave adventure. However, my friend spontaneously decided to come along - and I'm very glad she did. We had a fabulous girls weekend. After arriving on Friday morning, I really wanted to visit Brick Lane again since I had my camera with me this time. So I strolled through the quirky neighbourhood, taking lots of pictures of the amazing streetart. I also visited a record store in Shoreditch called "Flashback". They have stores in other locations in London as well. I also went to the one in Islington on the same afternoon. In the eveving, my friend arrived and we met up with another friend of mine - who's from the UK - to have dinner. We decided to go for Indian food. I can really recommend the restaurant we tried. It's called "The Rajasthan II" and it's located opposite Motel One, the hotel we stayed in for the weekend. After the meal, we headed straight to fabric for our first rave of the weekend. The three rooms were hosted by Spearhead Records, Sun & Bass and Rupture. It was a magical night! The Sun and Bass room was on fire and I can't wait for the festival in September ♡ We ended the night with a short trip to Subway to get some food (obviously).

On Saturday, I woke up with a bit of a hangover. After relaxing for a bit in our hotel room, we headed out again to check out some record stores. I found so much amazing music! (I came home with 30 new records). Then we got ready for night two. The second party we attended was Critical Sound at Corsica Studios. The club was absolutely crowded, so we had to get used to that first before we were able to properly enjoy the party - I guess we're quite spoiled in Switzerland where there's always plenty of space to rave. However, the night was awesome nonetheless. We met some lovely people and stayed until the end.

You can probably imagine how we were feeling on Sunday: pretty done! So we took it easy and just got some food. After some rest at the hotel, we decided to go for a couple of cocktails, as it was our last night in London.

After checking out on Monday, we wanted to take a ride on the Emirates Air Line. So we got on the DLR to Royal Victoria and went on the cable car. The view is quite impressive. You can see Canary Wharf, the O2, London City Airport (which I loved, obviously) and many buildings that are currently being built. I love that it's not the standard view you get from London Eye or The Shard. It's a completely different area of London and I've fallen in love with it (pro tip: get on the DLR and drive through Canary Wharf - it's absolutely stunning!). After this experience we got some breakfast and did some shopping in the O2 arena. Then it was time to say goodbye. My friend left for the airport and I was on my own again. I really wanted to see the Thames, Tower Bridge and The Shard before heading home. So I rushed to the Tower of London area, took a few pictures, got my suitcase at the hotel and took off to the airport.

So, another awesome weekend spent in London. I can't wait to visit again in the future. I hope you enjoy all of the pictures in this article. Have a good week, take care and see you soon. Lots of love, Selina ♡


















































Pictures taken by me ♡ Instagram

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. So happy to hear you had great time in London. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Tumblr

Instagram